Welcome to Our Newest Legislators - US Congressman Darrin Lahood (16th District of Illinois), Illinois State Senator Tom Bennett (53rd District), Illinois State Representative Jed Davis (75th District).
Promising Signs for Midwest Hydrogen Hub - MachH2, the Midwest Alliance for Clean Hydrogen, announced that it has received a notice of encouragement from the US Department of Energy. This notice is an indication that its concept paper meets requirements and may be selected as one of six to ten regional clean hydrogen hubs in the $8 billion program funded by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. Click here to read more.
Available and Upcoming Grant/Loan Funding:
- Incumbent worker training grant funds are available through the Grundy Livingston Kankakee Workforce Board. $10,000 must be spent by June 30, 2023. Please contact Ann Rzasa, firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-483-8291.
- Workshare IL - IDES program to provide employers facing a decline in business with an alternative to layoffs. For more, click here.
- Low-interest loans available to small businesses through the Advantage Illinois (AI) Loan Participation Program. Click here.
- Advantage Illinois (AI) Loan Guarantee Program (new) - Supporting business applicants who are having difficulty gaining access to capital by using funds to guarantee a percentage of loans provided by partner lenders. For more, click here.
- INVENT Venture Capital Program (new) - Direct equity program with a focus on investing in businesses in key industries such as agriculture, ag tech, information technology, life sciences, manufacturing, quantum, and more. For more, click here.
- Climate Bank Finance Loan Participation Program (new) - Climate Bank funds to be available to small businesses in the clean energy sector. For more, click here.
- View DCEO's latest newsletter with many more funding opportunities listed here.
Check out the new FCC National Broadband Map here to learn more about broadband coverage and options in your area. Illinois is working to ensure that it receives its share of federal funding to bring high-speed internet to all across the state, and this FCC map is a key component of the project.
Love's Travel Stop Open! With an official ribbon cutting on December 19, Love's Travel Stop at Brisbin Road and Route 6 in Morris officially opened for business, earning the distinction of the first development to "go vertical" at the Brisbin Road Interchange.
GEDC Proud to Sponsor Community Leaders' Attendance at NIU Financial Forecast Seminar - The yearly "Illinois Financial Forecast Forum: Private Sector Views that will Impact the Public Sector" will be attended by representatives from a number of Grundy County communities.