GP surgeries are working tirelessly across the Borough to vaccinate their patients against both Covid-19 and the flu.
Tarleton Group Practice, for example, recently gave almost 2,000 people their flu jab and around 500 people their covid jab – in ONE weekend!
Groups eligible for a free NHS flu jab this year include:
- those aged 6 months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- those aged 50 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline health and social care staff
This is the first year that flu will co-circulate alongside COVID-19, so people are being urged to get their flu vaccine as soon as they are offered it to boost their immunity this winter.
Both vaccines can be given at the same time.
Find out more here