To learn the most important skill of all.
When you listen, three things happen:
- You build connection
- You make better decisions
- You help others think better
It’s easy to assume listening is passive.
Sitting back. Taking it all in.
The reality, listening is active.
- Summarising back what you heard
- Observing body language
- Identifying subtle changes in mood
- Listening for what is not said
- Managing your own internal dialogue
To become a better listener, get active.
Begin by summarising.
To do it well, you must listen well.
What has helped you listen better?