- Dark kitchens: Where does your food delivery really come from? CNBC Reports
- Ghost Kitchens: Their Rise and why They're Here to Stay
- COOKHOUSE – Malaysia’s first-ever cloud kitchen
It's no surprise that the covid-19 pandemic has been a blessing in disguise for online food delivery companies such as Grab, Foodpanda and DeliverEat. With more restrictions putting place on dine-ins, restaurants are depending on these delivery apps more now to sustain their business.
However, with the demand of online food delivery increasing 📈 + the large expenses of running a restaurant 📉+ the uncertainty of covid 👾, a new opportunity has presented itself 💰.
Enter the business idea: Cloud Kitchen
Cloud kitchens are central kitchens that handles the prepping and delivering, designed to cater directly to online consumers.
- If you're a restaurant owner, you could test the waters in a different location without investing a lot of capital.
- Renting out kitchen spaces like how you would rent out an Airbnb.
- Create the WeWork of kitchen.
Why this could work?
- 58% of the Malaysians stated that they ordered more on food delivery apps now compared to pre-Covid.
- Less overhead
- Low startup cost
- Reaching more customers at lower cost
- Faster and cheaper way to test concept