I can't believe some, if not most, of us are still in quarantine. My heart goes out to each and every one of you who has been affected. Soon, we will be back to normal. Or the new normal. In the meantime, be strong and be safe. And read.
**THERE'S A MONTHLY GIVEAWAY BELOW. DON'T MISS IT.**
I often tell you about new books I'm working on or that are coming out. Well, the first Fairy Garden Mystery, A SPRINKLING OF MURDER, comes out in 4 weeks. I'm very excited. It's getting lovely reviews.
"Daryl Wood Gerber’s new fantasy cozy series debut is full of fun, whimsy, and a baffling whodunit . . ." –Mystery Scene
“Enchanting series launch from Agatha Award winner Gerber . . . Cozy fans will wish upon a star for more.” –Publishers Weekly.
Here are 5 things you should know about the series.
- Charlotte Kelly, a former landscaper, recently opened a fairy garden store named Open Your Imagination.
- Fiona, a sprightly righteous fairy, is a fairy-in-training.
- The series is set in Carmel-by-the-Sea, a charming, artsy town on the coast of California, south of San Francisco, that is bursting with positive energy.
- A fairy garden can be made in the garden, beneath a tree, or in pots and other assorted planters, or on a bookshelf . . . You get the idea. Anywhere that suits your imagination. They feature fairy figurines and fairy houses and doors, or environmental items like swings, mailboxes, and trellises. There are a variety of miniature plants to use to keep fairy gardens in scale. I happen to use succulents in my gardens, seeing as I live in Los Angeles.
- Lastly, when does the book come out? June 30.
Have you pre-ordered your copy?