View in browser
Four Lakes Task Force News Flash

Keeping you updated you on the latest information and current progress toward bringing back our lakes.

August 27, 2020

Taking Applications for Volunteers

We need your help! We're so grateful to all the people that have reached out offering their time and talents. We'd like to put them to use! We are looking for volunteers that can help with the following:

  • Engineering - knowledgeable and experienced engineers to aid with erosion stabilization efforts
  • Legal/Paralegal - attorneys and paralegals that can assist with FOIA requests
  • Property management - attorneys, survey, assessment or real estate professionals interested in assisting in property management efforts
  • Operations - people willing to mow lawns and provide general operations support 
  • Administration - organized individuals wanting to help file papers, organize papers and lists and conduct general admin tasks
  • Cost accounting - CPAs willing to provide oversight and assistance
Sanford Dam Debris Removal to Begin

The NRCS (Natural Resources Conservation Service) approved a project to remove debris around Sanford Dam. This is the first debris removal project that has been approved at the local level. It is still being processed at the federal level. Since our primary focus has been on erosion stabilization, we are now working on developing a more comprehensive debris removal plan.

This project will cost approximately $450,000. Through the NRCS EWP (Emergency Watershed Protection) plan, 75% of the project costs will be covered by NRCS. This means FLTF must match the remaining 25% ($112,500) (plus 10% in administrative fees). 

Office Professional
Job Opening

FLTF is in need of a full-time office professional to help with day-to-day management of the Four Lakes Task Force office. We're looking for an organized individual that is flexible and can easily adapt to a fast-paced environment. 

Learn More About Position
Four Lakes Task Force

233 Larkin Street, Midland, MI 48640

Subscribe to Email List  Donate

facebook email website

You received this email because you signed up on our website or donated to FLTF.