Waking up to Opportunities 🔨
This public health epidemic has created a void and at the same time, opportunities for entrepreneurs to capitalize on:
- Becoming a sleep influencer. There are plenty of sleep-related questions people ask online every day which means there are opportunities for you to be the "source of truth" for these questions
- Similar to fitness or skin care influencers, you could be a sleep influencer. Instead of sharing workouts or skin care routines, you could share your sleep data, routines and supplements
- Sleep Supplements. There are a number of proven drugs that help with insomnia like Melatonin, Magnesium Threonate and Apigenin. You could white label for a certain drug and create your DTC brand
- Sleep Tech. There's a wave of sleep products recently aimed at improving your physical sleeping environment, from apps and trackers to mattresses and weighted blankets
- Many brands in the West have already penetrated the DTC model fairly well but it's still pretty much a blue ocean in Malaysia
- Like I always said, what's popular in the West right now is going to be mainstream in Malaysia in a few years. The strategy here is simple - just see what works over there and copy it over here
We're still early. r/sleep has around 83k subs while r/meditation has 730k. Not everyone meditates but everyone sleeps!
With a total addressable market of, well, everyone who sleeps, the rising trend of the sleep industry isn't going anywhere.
If you're struggling to sleep at night, here's a great article on how to get better at sleeping