Spring 2021 Virtual New England Aviation Merit Badge Workshops
Back by popular demand! These workshops are offered in partnership with Connecticut Rivers Council and offer scouts ages 11 and older the opportunity to fulfill all Aviation Merit Badge requirements in a single day. Scouts need only register for one workshop.
Saturday January 16, 2021, Saturday February 6, 2021, Saturday March 13, 2021, & Saturday April 3, 2021
9:30am-12:00pm: Live Virtual Aviation Merit Badge Workshop on Zoom.
- Participants will be emailed their Workshop Zoom link and password one week in advance.
- Scouts must actively participate in the entire workshop in order to earn credit.
12:30-3:00pm: Merit Badge Testing Appointments by Phone
- Appointments last 25 minutes and are available following each workshop at 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm, 2:30pm.
- If a scout wishes to test at a later date, appointments may also be scheduled Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Participants must be registered Scouts BSA and at be least 11 years old on their workshop date.
- Participants must have an adult on the phone with them for the duration of their Merit Badge Testing Appointment phone call in compliance with Scouts BSA Youth Protection policies. Parents and guardians are not required participate in the Live Virtual Workshop, but are encouraged to do so to help ensure scout safety.
- Participants must notify their scout leader of their intent to complete this Merit Badge in accordance with Scouts BSA policy.
- Participants must create an FPG-9 glider using a template and instructions provided by the museum prior to the workshop.
- Participants should read the Aviation Merit Badge Handbook prior to the workshop.
- Participants should use the Aviation Merit Badge Workbook provided by the museum to take notes during the workshop.
$55 per scout registration fee includes live Virtual Workshop and phone Merit Badge Testing Appointment as well as two complimentary adult admission passes to the New England Air Museum so scouts can visit the museum with a parent or guardian at a later date. Passes will be mailed to families after their scout's workshop. These passes have no cash value and do not expire.
Merit Badge Testing/Blue Cards:
Participants will be mailed a completed Blue Card confirming they have completed the badge or listing the requirements they passed in an event of a partial. Scouts receiving partials may complete the badge at a later date for no additional fee by contacting the Director of Education.
Registration is limited to 10 scouts per workshop and the following information will be required:
- Parent or guardian name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number where they and their scout can be reached during their Merit Badge Testing Appointment.
- Scout name, age, and unit.
- Payment in the amount of $55 per scout via a credit or debit card.
- Merit Badge Testing Appointment time preference.
Contact Amanda Goodheart Parks, Ph.D. Director of Education to register: (860) 623-3305 x313 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.