Courtesy of Show Me the Yummy
You can make these ahead and store them in the fridge or freezer. Simply pop them in the microwave to re-heat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup green pepper measured after chopping
- 1 cup yellow onion measured after chopping
- 2 cups baby spinach - roughly chopped measured/packed before chopping
- 1 cup mushrooms measured before chopping
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt to taste
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- hot sauce optional for drizzling on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a standard non stick 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion. Saute 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Add spinach and mushrooms, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic. Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Crack eggs/egg whites into a large 4 cup measuring cup and whisk together. Stir in cooked veggies. Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
Calories: 50; Fat 2g; Cholesterol 62mg; Sodium 47mg; Potassium 161mg; Carbohydrates 3g; Fiber 1g; Sugar 1g; Protein 4g.