Citizens from Ukraine are struggling with a decision many have faced in previous times of conflict. Do I stay and defend my home and country or do I leave in hopes of a safer situation and become a refugee?
A decision many of us can't fathom having to make but is the reality time and time again for large populations.
One of the questions many face when leaving is what do they take with you?
You can only bring what you can carry basically. Maybe pack a car if your lucky.
This includes clothes, personal items, food and money or something that holds some level of monetary value.
In the past, people would keep some of their wealth in gold but found that:
- It's burdensome to carry in times of war.
- It's hard to spend when they needed to buy food or secure a place to live.
- Gold was easy to physically confiscate by bad actors (and no, I'm not talking the Nicholas Cage type).
For these reasons and more, many people have started turning to Bitcoin for securing some portion of their savings.
- Bitcoin is lightweight.. weightless in fact.
- You can send fractions of a Bitcoin if needed to pay for food or shelter.
- If you store the private key for your wallet properly, its basically impossible to confiscate.
Bitcoin can be many things depending on what lens you look through.
Today, Bitcoin is Hope for many Ukrainians simply trying to survive the nightmare they find themselves in.
Whew, on a lighter note. Let's get to the memes!