Dear Pacem Community,
Across America, people are rising up to demand justice for people of color. Pacem School stands with the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) community. We mourn the lives lost and damaged by the scourge of racism, and we believe that change is necessary to right the injustice of our society. In keeping with our mission “to help children and teens grow into caring, responsible, and confident young adults who can make a difference in their communities and have the skills and awareness needed to create a more cooperative, just, and sustainable world”, we at Pacem:
- Denounce bias, discrimination, and hate;
- Affirm that Black Lives Matter;
- Will continually stand with and listen to our students, especially those who are members of historically underrepresented and marginalized groups;
- Will continually evaluate our curriculum with the lens of racial justice -- actively including materials that are explicitly anti-hate/anti-bias and actively including the voices of diverse races and ethnicities;
- Will continually evaluate our policies and practices with the lens of racial justice;
- Will continually work to create just systems for resolving conflict in our school and to investigate ways we might promote just systems for resolving conflict in the local and global community.
We welcome your input. Please feel free to contact us with ideas, resources, and feedback on this topic.
With hope and humility,
Director and Head of School