If you would like to make a donation to Hindu Heritage Endowment and are interested in supplementing your income during retirement, consider a charitable gift annuity.
Q. What is a charitable gift annuity?
A. It’s a contract with Hindu Heritage Endowment in which:
• You agree to make an irrevocable donation to Hindu Heritage Endowment.
• Hindu Heritage Endowment agrees to make fixed payments to you each year for your lifetime. (You can have the payments benefit others, too, such as your spouse.)
• The portion of your gift that remains at your death helps support our mission.
Q. What are the benefits?
A. It’s a gift that:
• Enables you to meet your charitable goals.
• Provides you with tax-favored lifetime payments.
• Offers immediate income tax savings (when you itemize).
If you are retired and depend on stock dividends for income, consider funding a gift annuity with those stocks. That way, you’ll still receive income from the assets—in many cases, in higher amounts.
Q. What payments can I expect?
A. The rate of payment is determined by the ages of those receiving payments at the time of the contribution – the older the recipients, the higher the rate. Payment rates are locked in for the duration of the gift annuity.
For more information about charitable gift annuities, contact Hindu Heritage Endowment or your tax planning professional.