- 1 pound Ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour (or other gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream (* may substitute w/plain Greek yogurt)
- 4 egg whites (no yolks!)
- 3/4 cup crushed graham crackers (4-5 crackers) *I use Pamela's Gluten-free graham crackers - they are divine!
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Mix ricotta cheese, sweet rice flour, xanthan gum, egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, salt until well blended.
Add cream cheese and sour cream and mix well.
Mix separately: egg whites (with no egg yolks in them) and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat until egg whites form a soft peak (about 6-8 minutes).
Fold the egg white mixture gently into the cheese mixture. Do not “stir.”
In a springform pan, sprinkle the crushed graham crackers. Drizzle with melted butter and press with your fingertips to create a “crust.”
Pour cheese mixture onto crust and smooth with spatula.
Bake at 300 degrees for 60 - 70 minutes. The top should be lightly browned. Let STAND IN OVEN, turned off, for 2 hours so the cheesecake will set. This is a very important step!
Let cool to room temperature. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.