How to Be an Everyday Saint – 24 Gems from Romans 12
1. …let’s just go ahead and be what we were made to be, without enviously or pridefully comparing ourselves with each other, or trying to be something we aren’t.
2. If you preach, just preach God’s Message, nothing else;
3. If you help, just help, don’t take over;
4. If you teach, stick to your teaching;
5. If you give encouraging guidance, be careful that you don’t get bossy;
6. If you’re put in charge, don’t manipulate;
7. If you’re called to give aid to people in distress, keep your eyes open and be quick to respond;
8. If you work with the disadvantaged, don’t let yourself get irritated with them or depressed by them. Keep a smile on your face.
9. Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it.
10. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good.
11. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.
12. Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame.
13. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant.
14. Don’t quit in hard times; pray all the harder.
15. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.
16. Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath.
17. Laugh with your happy friends when they’re happy; share tears when they’re down.
18. Get along with each other; don’t be stuck-up.
19. Make friends with nobodies; don’t be the great somebody.
20. Don’t hit back; discover beauty in everyone.
21. If you’ve got it in you, get along with everybody.
22. Don’t insist on getting even; that’s not for you to do. “I’ll do the judging,” says God. “I’ll take care of it.”
23. Our Scriptures tell us that if you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he’s thirsty, get him a drink. Your generosity will surprise him with goodness.
24. Don’t let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good.