It’s Christmas Day, 2020.
I publish the first “Lead like a Coach” newsletter.
I excitedly tell a friend about my ambition. A newsletter every week.
“Every week sounds a lot. Maybe monthly would be better?
If I’d followed that advice, I’d have published 24 newsletters.
Instead, I committed to writing weekly.
I’ve published 104 newsletters.
A bog difference.
By publishing weekly, three benefits occurred:
- I became a better writer. The frequency forced my improvement.
- I optimized my system. Weekly was a challenge. I had to become more focused and organized to stick to a weekly schedule.
- It became easier and easier every week. It now takes less than 30mins to write each week's edition. In 2022, it was many hours.
You can apply this principle to any habit.
👉 Do less, more often.
- To become fitter: Don’t exercise once a day for 30mins. Exercise twice a day for 15 minutes.
- To become a reader: Don’t read one book a week. Read one page a day.
- To become a coach: Don’t coach once a week. Ask one question every day.
Now think about the habits you want to build in 2023.
Ask yourself this question:
How can you do less, more often?
Finally, thank you to everyone who has shared feedback throughout the year.
Writing on the internet can be a lonely pursuit.
So when you share a message, it really helps when motivation is low.
Keep learning ❤️