Ok... On my website I promised to give little updates in these emails where I am with my writing.
After sending my yearly assignments to the university I now finally have time to write again. I am writing on alternate days five books at the moment.
Sounds crazy, I know, but somehow hopping from one story to the next gives my subconscious time to munch the plots of the books.
Don't know why it has never been difficult for me to multitask in this way, but I could do writing work for all the stories in one day, and remember where I left off and where I was heading with each individual story. This is probably the result of the jobs I've had for over 30 years. I have never had an office of my own, and never had uninterrupted time to just concentrate on one thing. Constant noise around. (That happens when you are in customer service - phone rings constantly, interrupting other work.) In time I have learned to block off the noise, and quickly return to the interrupted task.
So the books I am working on at the moment are:
Nephilim Quest 4 / The Book of the Dead
- Just researched the history of Siwa Oasis and how Alexander the Great met the oracle of Amun.
Space Witches 3 / Mirror Witches
- Almost done! Soon I can start the fun part, namely editing (and that was sarcasm there... Sometimes it feels like the actual writing is 5% of the time and editing and other stuff takes 95%...) Much to my surprise I learned the secret of wormholes in space when the story took over and started to write itself. I blame Eddie. (whom you will meet in the book)
Bastet Mysteries 1 (Haven't come up with a name for that one yet)
- From the name of the series you guess there will be cats. But also the Egyptian afterlife mingling with our present time.
Creature Wars 2 (No name yet for this one either)
- Going through book 1 / The Death of a Vampire to make sure I have all the Creatures logically depicted. Creating imaginary creatures - no matter how much they are based in our mythology - sure teaches one to write notes. Lots and lots of notes.
Seven Shabtis 2 / The Pillar of Death
- Yay! I have started writing the book. Kaylee and Luke are searching for shabti number 2 in the distant mountain valley with a connection to Scota, the daughter of an Egyptian pharaoh who escaped to Europe in ancient times
So there. I have plenty of other story ideas brewing but I have to do these first...