Here are the FACTS about me, DANNY LANDRY
1. I AM a LIFELONG Republican. I have worked tirelessly to promote conservative values and principles.
2. For 36 YEARS I have PROSECUTED the TOUGHEST CRIMINALS such as murders, sexual predators, and drug dealers. For 36 years, no matter who the elected District Attorney happened to be, my pledge has always been to the citizens and victims of crime in Acadiana, not to any politician, elected official, or special interest group.
3. I UNDERSTAND the COMPLICATED FUNDING of our tri-parish judicial district. Because I am experienced with the current budgeting process, I am uniquely qualified to serve as District Attorney. I am aware of what needs to be implemented to ensure the efficiency citizens demand and deserve.
4. I have REFORMED the DA's BUDGET and CASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS to be more accountable. During the Covid crisis, I quickly and successfully led the unprecedented transition to allow the most serious and urgent cases to continue to move forward.
5. I have INSTITUTED programs to REHABILITATE young offenders who qualify for a second chance. For those unable to afford these programs, I created a scholarship fund to defray the costs. I pledge to continue to improve these programs as District Attorney.
6. I have REFUSED to engage in gutter politics, dirty gossip, or personal attacks on my opponent, sticking only to relevant information backed up by irrefutable facts. I understand the rules of evidence and ethics. Citizens can be guaranteed I will respect the laws of our state and nation, the rules of the court, the rights of victims as well as the rights of the accused.
7. I want to CONTINUE TO serve our community, and my age will allow me to serve more than one term should the voters choose to re-elect me in six years.
8. I PROMISE EQUAL JUSTICE no matter who you are, or who you happen to know. I have not and will not make promises to individuals or special interest groups.