Connecticut Rivers Council COVID-19 Update
With Governor Lamont’s announcement this week of rolling back to Phase 2.1, we have received many questions regarding how this affects Scouting activities. Below is our latest guidance.
- Per the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (https://portal.ct.gov/DECD/Content/Coronavirus-Business-Recovery/Sector-Rules-and-Certification-for-Reopen), activities planned for this weekend – November 6-8 – may continue.
- Effective Monday, November 9th, all overnight Scouting activities must cease in order to comply with the Governor’s 10 PM to 5 AM curfew.
- Scouting event capacities are now 25 indoors and 50 outdoors. If the event is being held at someone’s residence, the capacity is 10, regardless if indoor our outdoor. https://portal.ct.gov/DECD/Content/Coronavirus-Business-Recovery/Sector-Rules-and-Certification-for-Reopen
- All Indoor meetings must be in compliance with this document: CRC Policy for Indoor Meetings
- All other COVID-19 protocols are still in place. Masks AND social distancing are required during all activities, and there can be no shared food.
- If your town is coded red as a COVID-19 hot spot, no in-person meetings are permitted until your town is no longer on the list. Please consult the State of Connecticut COVID-19 information website for a map of affected towns: CT Hot Spot map
Day activities are still going to be allowed if they comply with the State and Council guidelines. If your unit made a reservation at camp and would still like to keep your reservation for your weekend, you can do that with the understanding the activity can only be a day event. Please contact the camping department if you would like us to cancel your reservation and process a refund.
Thank you for your understanding and stay safe. We appreciate how difficult planning activities can be when a target is moving. Compliance with the Governor’s requirements is critical, and we continue to ask you to err on the side of caution with all events and activities. Safety of our Scouts, leaders, and their families is paramount.
Should you have questions, please visit our COVID-19 page here: https://ctscouting.org/covid-19-council-update/
Yours in Scouting,