HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions

Insurance Coverage for Staff with Employment Pass  - Update 1 (Replies)


Dear HR Practitioners,

Appreciate if you could share what kind of insurance coverage do you cover your staff with Employment Passes. Our employee was covered under WICA as he was holding a WP pass
than and only after few years of working with us that we applied EP for him.

Thank you.




Not only WICA. Foreign worker also cover under foreign worker insurance, except EP.

You can choose not to provide foreign worker insurance for EP holder.

For my company, we do provide medical insurance for everyone.




It is a good practice to continue to cover him with Work Injury Compensation Insurance even if he is an EP holder now. For other type of insurance, it depends on your company's benefit policy. Most of them are expected to purchase their own life and health insurance since they are
drawing better salaries now. You can consider getting a group insurance to cover the outpatient medical expenses.



Reply | Post | Community


Employment of Foreign Manpower Act Seminar

- 12 December 2018 (14th Run) -CONFIRMED!

It is vital that we are well acquainted with the EFMA and Employment of Foreign Manpower (Levy Order) to manage the foreign employees and reduce potential conflicts between employers and employees. On top of that, it is critical that our policies are compliant with the legal requirements to avoid being fined or curtailment of the Work Pass privilege.

For details, please click on:


HRSINGAPORE is the first, free, HR Community that provides HR Certification, HRLAW Seminars, HR Workshops and HR Consultancy Services. For more about us please visit

HRSINGAPORE Community | This email was sent to | Unsubscribe | Forward this email to a friend

© HRSINGAPORE® ~ A Decade of Helping HR People Succeed!

HRSINGAPORE PTE LTD | | | Tel: 6337-8016 | 89 Short Street #04-16 | Singapore 188216 | Co Reg. 200409860M