For those long time subscribers of the newsletter, you should know that I'm a fan of non-sexy sweaty businesses. But Hong, I don't have the trade skills and it's very tough to hire employees.
Well, what if I told you that you could start one without getting your hands dirty and having a single employee? Today I'm going to show just that!
- You need to pick a niche like house/Airbnb cleaning, pest control, landscaping etc.
- Build a landing page and drive traffic there with Google ads
- Bid and secure jobs in your niche
- Reach out to local contractors and tell them you can send them jobs
- Split the profits between you and your subcontractors
Yup, that's right, you're essentially in the business of generating leads 📲
What skills do you really need? 🛠
- The main skill you need to learn with this model is to bid and quote jobs accurately, you don't want to underquote and end up losing money
- In order to do that effectively, you first need to know the ins and outs of the service you're providing
- You'll also need to know how to market your business eg running Facebook ads, Google ads, cold calling clients etc.
- What about website building? You could hire someone to do it for you but honestly, it's so easy to DIY these days. Just make sure to include an online booking feature
This model works because many contractors are in their 50s and aren't exactly tech-savvy. That's where the opportunities lie.
As you get more jobs and more subcons to fulfil those jobs, you will end up having a remote sweaty business that cashflows for you every month without doing any labour.