It has been a wild couple of years and South Dakota has come through it in a better position than most states.
* CNN Business and Moody's Analytics produced the Back-to-Normal Index, which shows South Dakota as being number one for best recovery in the nation.
* Since 2019, South Dakota's GDP has grown 13.5%, the fourth highest in the nation.
* South Dakota saw the second largest growth in housing permits, at 78%, in the last two years.
* Unemployment, which had hit 8.8% in the early months of COVID-19, has since declined to 2.5%, one of the state's lowest rates in the past 10 years.
* South Dakota's bottom line has also grown. Actual receipts in the state's general fund grew 9.1% year-over-year.