The good news this week is that those eligible for their booster jab can now book direct if they haven’t yet been invited by the NHS.
Those eligible need to be at least six months on from their second dose and in one of the following categories:
- those living in residential care homes for older adults
- all adults aged 50 years or over
- frontline health and social care workers
- all those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19 (as set out in the green book), and adult carers
- adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals.
Demand for the covid booster has been high, and more than 150,000 people across Lancashire and South Cumbria have now received theirs.
The majority of those eligible are likely to be offered their booster by the end of December.
You can book your appointment:
Find out more information here