Spiral Up to Empower Resilient Kids
An illustrated, mindful parenting toolkit to build children’s awareness, confidence and joy by Kim Ellisten
Spiral Up to Empower Resilient Kids is a refreshing collection of mindful parenting ideas and learnt gems of wisdom to help families thrive through the early years and beyond.
Written and illustrated by graphic designer and mum, Kim Ellisten, this unique, “from one parent to another” parenting book offers busy parents and caregivers accessible, practical insights on how to talk to kids about issues affecting them through simple, relatable illustrations with guided talking points.
Ideal for children aged 4 to 12 (but helpful for all ages!), this beautiful book offers easy-to-understand, illustrated topics to discuss, including:
• The benefits of positive self-talk
• Releasing built-up emotions and feelings
• Tackling fears and anxieties
• Detached ways of dealing with conflict
• Discipline and learning self-responsibility
• Appreciating differences and individuality
• Letting your true self shine
• Ways to create a calmer, more balanced life
…and many more!
Ideas on growing gratitude within a family, encouraging sensitivity, fostering kindness and compassion, opening up about problems, confidently being yourself in the world, and dealing with adversity, as well as creating family rituals and connections, are also offered through engaging and insightful reflections from the author’s life.