2 November 2021
A few days ago, Terry Patten passed away. I was very sad when I heard the news in the midst of an otherwise joyful workshop. I met him at the IEC 2018, have read his book “A New Republic of the Heart” and followed his podcast “State of Emergence”. I liked his enthusiasm and his ability to capture the audience with his wisdom and dedication.
Today's quote is for me a reminder to cultivate care and consideration, both for myself and others. If I start doing it with myself, I also have a greater capacity for my care to flow to others.
Turn self-criticism into self-care
1. Think of something you have done that you are not fully content with.
2. Write down what your inner critic says to you.
3. How do you feel in the moment when you think about the message from your inner critic?
4. What needs do your feelings point to, what are you longing for?
5. When you are in contact with the needs, think about what you did (step 1) and mourn that you didn’t meet the needs in that moment.
Tip of the day
Today I want to share a link to the conversation between Terry Patten and Diane Musho Hamilton in the podcast “State of Emergence”. You can find it HERE.