Did you know that people need to see something 7 different times before they commit to buying it?
That means that if you’re putting ANYTHING in front of someone, they need to see it in some way, shape, or form seven different times!
Here are 25 different ways you can put your books in front of people to get more book sales or Kickstarter backers!
- Ask for feedback on content, ideas, illustrations, cover designs, etc.
- Share why you are passionate about your book’s topic
- Share a reason your readers struggle/love/hate your book’s topic
- Provide a list of books similar to yours (and include your book, of course)
- Share a positive reader review of your book
- Share a negative reader review of your book (counter-intuitive, but it works!)
- Provide a reason why you decided to trad/self-publish
- Share an excerpt of your story
- Zoom in on an illustration of your book that evokes emotion
- Share an image of someone reading your book
- Share an image/video of your book “in the wild” – on a bookshelf, at a café, in a library, etc.
- Give your readers a bonus digital gift (collect their emails to deliver) that’s related to your book’s topic
- Share an emotional story related to your publishing journey (happy, sad, funny, upsetting, etc.,)
- Share an obstacle you had to overcome to get where you are today
- Share a POV from one of the characters in your book
- Share a POV of someone who would LOVE your book
- Create a simple moving gif/video of your book – easily done in Canva with their animation features
- Create a simple page flipping gif/video of your book (no face shown)
- Read your book or an excerpt aloud in a short video (can do a voiceover if you don’t want to show your face)
- Share a big win or celebration of a major publishing milestone
- Voiceover an excerpt from your book with text overlay on a stock video (https://mixkit.co/free-stock-video/) if you have a novel or an illustration/spread if you have a children’s book
- Interview or feature an author who has a book similar to yours and include your books together
- Share a behind-the-scenes look at either creating, selling, or shipping your books
- Share an image of you signing your book
- And lastly, please stop celebrating National or World Whatever Days and create amazing content that engages your target readers instead!
I hope these ideas have jump-started your creativity!
If you’re planning your book’s Kickstarter campaign and you want things already organized and planned for you, then you’ll definitely want the resources in my Crowdfunding Vault!
If you want me to brainstorm a marketing plan with you and provide personal support every step along the way, then you’ll want to enroll in my 1:1 Crowdfunding Coaching Program – more details available here.
**Featured Kickstarter Campaign**
Meet the Wild -- Gently inspired by outdoor learning and play culture in Scandinavia, the vibrant illustrations and sensory-rich rhyming story depict nature play through the seasons. The Wild is all around us in the natural world and a friend inviting children to explore and reconnect with the outdoors.
Click here to learn more!