Local COVID-19 testing
Everyone is being encouraged to take COVID-19 tests even if they don’t have symptoms so they can be sequenced to identify Variants of Concern such as the Delta variant.
Anyone in West Lancashire without covid symptoms is eligible to two free, rapid coronavirus tests for themselves and their families.
Twice-weekly testing is still crucial to keeping cases down.
You can either:
- Take the test at a symptom free testing site
- Collect tests from a symptom free testing site to use at home later
- Order home testing kits online if you cannot attend a testing site
For information on all testing sites across West Lancs or how to order a test online, go to: westlancs.gov.uk/symptom-freetesting
If you would like a stock of home testing kits to share with the community at community centres, group meetings, church halls, voluntary groups etc, please contact CustomerEngagement@westlancs.gov.uk
Covid-19 testing for people with symptoms
- If you have covid-19 symptoms, you will need to self-isolate and get a test here.
- If you have a positive test, you should immediately self-isolate and if eligible, can apply for financial support here.