Greetings Pleasant Green Family,
“O love the LORD, all ye his saints: [for] the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD." Psalms 31:23-24
- With the COVID-19 Infections and deaths increasing, it is so very important for us to continue to observe the CDC Guidelines of avoiding close contact with those who are sick, maintaining at least 6 feet from others who are not from your household, wearing face masks when in public (Mandatory in Kentucky and is being extended on a 30 day basis until the spread is under control), washing your hands frequently, covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, and leave home only when absolutely necessary. The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is still spreading across the country. It is important to understand as much as possible about the disease to protect yourself and your family. Click for the KY COVID-19 Dashboard. You can watch this short video which provides some important information regarding the disease and its symptoms.
- We pray God's Providential Guidance, Protection, and Care upon our HPGMBC young men and women who are preparing to begin their postsecondary education at institutions near and far. We wish each of them success in their chosen pursuits and congratulate their parents/guardians for nurturing loving care that has brought their young adults to this next stage of life's journey;
Derrick Kaleb Givens - Asbury University
J’Nathan Jenkins - Kentucky State University
Taviona Sanford - Campbellsville University (Harrodsburg)
Brianna Vaughn-Grambling State University
Sabrynn Wright-Tennessee State University
- Happy Birthday to HPGMBC Family members, who are 70 Years Old or Older and are celebrating their special day in the month of August: Sisters Eleanor Beatty and Thelma Masterson and Brothers Benjamin Brown, Marvin Emerson and Hugh Sterling.
- Our Virtual Prayer Service by phone is on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. Rev. Ron Jones teaches the week’s Sunday School Lesson at 7:30 pm. If you are already participating, please continue and invite others. If you are not participating, please join us. Call:
253-215-8782 or 301-715-8592; Meeting ID: 685 433 0718
- Sunday School Lesson broadcasts Saturdays 9:00 am and 3:00 pm as well as Sundays 7:30 am on WJMM FM 99.1
(Sunday’s Lesson: "Faith without Works Is Dead" James 2:14-26;
Next Sunday's Lesson: "Taming the Tongue" James 3:1-12)
- Virtual Worship Service on Sundays at 10:00 am on the Church Facebook, YouTube and viewed on demand on the church website, http://www.hpgmbc.com/
- Thank you to those who are giving Tithes and Offerings by mail or the Givelify App. Our address is:
Historic Pleasant Green Missionary Baptist Church
PO Box 11845
Lexington, KY 40578
- The Health Department is providing Free in-home COVID-19 testing for Lexington residents 60 years of age or older. Call 859-899-2200.
- The Lexington Police Department is now hiring! Men and women ages 21-36 with an interest in serving the community are encouraged to submit their application by the August 11 deadline at www.joinlexpolice.com.