HRSINGAPORE Community Discussions

Retaining S Pass Worker - Update 1 (Replies)


Dear HR Professionals,

Would like to know, if organization don't have enough quota to support S Pass for renewal what are the possible ways to retain this S Pass workers.

Can down grade to work permit? Nationality is Bangladeshi holding diploma holder.

Any suggestion?





Can downgrade him as WP but you need to get approval from him as some does not want to downgrade.




Work permit conditions are more stringent than S Pass, especially for non-traditional source countries (such as Bangladesh). If rejected, you may appeal and provide very good reasons (such as special skills) for this applicant.




It is best to call up MOM and check. 




Can upgrade existing Malaysian S pass degree holders with “good salary” to EP and downgrade some to Work Permits so that you can have more S pass for those non-traditional source specialists. If you can, please support locals true blues and SPR candidates on priority, as also advised by MOM.



Reply | Post | Community


Employment of Foreign Manpower Act Seminar

- 12 December 2018 

it is vital that we are well acquainted with the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act (EFMA) and Employment of Foreign Manpower (Levy Order) to manage our foreign employees and reduce potential conflicts between employers and employees. On top of that, it is critical that our policies are compliant with the legal requirements to avoid being fined or curtailment of the Work Pass privilege. 

For details, please click on:


HRSINGAPORE is the first, free, HR Community that provides HR Certification, HRLAW Seminars, HR Workshops and HR Consultancy Services. For more about us please visit

HRSINGAPORE Community | This email was sent to | Unsubscribe | Forward this email to a friend

© HRSINGAPORE® ~ A Decade of Helping HR People Succeed!

HRSINGAPORE PTE LTD | | | Tel: 6337-8016 | 89 Short Street #04-16 | Singapore 188216 | Co Reg. 200409860M