The new semester is starting and I am glad to see everyone come back at ECS! Since March this year, we have experienced an extraordinary learning challenge due to COVID-19. After many considerations, we have decided to continue classes online for this semester. Although there are many changes in the world, our original intention remains unchanged. We want our students to excel in Chinese and learning Chinese culture. The teachers and the board of directors have put in a tremendous amount of effort to make this unusual time a productive and fun experience. We hope to give our children the best environment for learning Chinese. We also thank the parents for their cooperation. If you have any comments, please feel free to contact ECS Help Desk . At the same time, I wish everyone to stay positive and stay healthy!
ECS operates solely by parents volunteers and we are still in need of a volunteer to fill the positions of General Affairs and Fundraising. Please contact Publications or current board members if interested. List of responsibility with benefits of tuition waiver for one child (Board 100% waived, Staff 50% waived).
● Classes will start on 9/13. Most teachers have sent out emails to parents with an ECS domain. Please check your Spam folder if you have not heard from your teachers. Please add “@nvaecs.org” domain to your safe senders list. Please contact Academics Department if you do not hear from your teacher by 9/13. In order to streamline homework submission and communications, Google Classroom will be used for online learning. Please add your student to the Google Classroom as soon as possible. ECS has also applied for a Zoom account. Future Zoom meetings will not be limited to 40 minutes to improve the quality of learning. Pinyin and Kindergarten class materials were sponsored by Taiwan's Overseas Community Affairs Council. They were shipped from Taiwan and are currently in New York, making their way to ECS. Teachers will contact parents on how to pick up the materials once we receive them.
● Recruitment of ECS school team (students must have been studying for more than three consecutive years in ECS)
● In following ECS distance learning decision for the 2020-2021 Fall semester, we are exploring possibly providing Yoga and Tai Chi extracurricular classes in a virtual format. Additionally, we are working to process any refunds and donations for classes that were cancelled in Spring 2020. A new survey with 3 simple questions will be sent next week. Your participation in this survey will assist us in understanding how to best serve our ECS families. Please contact Activity Department for questions.
● With an all virtual semester, the need to connect our families and children to ECS while sharing our Chinese culture has never been greater! Join the new Fundraising Committee as we look to create virtual opportunities to help ECS bridge this challenging time. Considering there are fewer options to earn service points, participation in the Fundraising Committee will qualify for your service points for the semester. Our first effort will be on hosting a silent auction which will be very Chinese and very fun! All ideas and efforts welcome!
● The Washington Metropolitan Area Youth Collaboration & Event are holding a series of virtual learning and activities during the pandemic. Please take advantage of the offerings! Info and sign up form .
|2020 © Northern Virginia Experimental Chinese School|
|If you no longer want to receive emails from us, you can unsubscribe.|