The GSS team is calling for nominations for Financial Officer.
Interested candidates can send their application, consisting of a cover letter and a brief bio, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before July 17th. The election will be held during Council on Thursday July 20th.
Duties of the Financial Officer:
- Oversees our society’s finances to ensure everything runs smoothly
- Report to Council on the Society’s financial situation monthly
- Prepare and present a complete budget and financial statements each trimester
- Cause audit of the financial records at the end of each fiscal year
- Be responsible for the supervision of all GSS staff in financial matters
This position includes an honoraria, paid in semimonthly installments, of $17,777 per annum, with an additional honoraria of up to $2,222 for transition periods.
Learn more about the GSS and Executive roles, including the Financial Officer, in the GSS Bylaws.