GM. This is Micro Digest. We're like the coffee of the internet.
We give you the same rush as drinking caffeine in the morning ☕
As someone who's done quite a bit of travelling and is now based in the capital of Malaysia (not the best city by a long shot), I always fantasized about what the perfect city
would look like, the kind of city we all want to live in.
In today's issue, I'll try to create a vision of the perfect city that one day I'll hopefully be able to see 👇
Here are 5 things that I would like:
- Open, walkable multi-level retail 🏪
- Walkable streets 🚶
- Efficient public transport 🚉
- Diverse architecture 🏗️
- Shades 😎
1. Open, walkable multi-level retail 🏪
- These are places you can walk to, where you can sit and admire the city during the day and grab a drink, have fun during the night
- Emphasizing "open" and "walkable". We don't want any more shopping malls 😒
- Most European countries already employed this concept but the one that stood out to me is probably Tokyo's hippest neighbourhood: Shimokitazawa