Can you guess which is from the 1980s vs the 2020s?
2. Film cameras
- I started shooting film 5 years ago and at the time, shooting was a very niche hobby. Now you can't hang out at a bar without seeing Gen-Zers taking photos with their disposable film cameras
- The film scene is already a bit crowded now but there are still some opportunities out there like:
- Offering private-labelled disposable film cameras services
- Retro-style photo booths
- A newsletter for beginners
3. Retro Experiences
- Recently there have been a few roller rinks opening up in Malaysia. I won't be surprised if we start to see retro diners. If we're lucky, we might be able to see arcades making a comeback (Ah the good old days)
- Speaking of diners, I think someone should really build the modern jukebox. A sleeker design with the feature of paying with your phone (we could just keep 80s music because modern music sucks!!)
What's old is new again. Interesting to see what other nostalgic trends are making a comeback.