2. #KEEPITCLEAN Campaign
As people are starting to venture out again and we start to see a rise in tourism in the area we have received the following message from the Litter Free Coast and Sea Team:
Now that beaches and public open spaces are gradually becoming accessible again, I'm sure you also share our concerns that littering may return with a vengeance. Whilst community beach cleans and litter pick events remain on hold for the time being, we plan to reinforce positive behaviour by encouraging people to
take their litter homeand help keep public spaces as clean as they have been during the lockdown.
In the coming week(s), Litter Free Coast and Sea plan to share POSITIVE images of local beaches during lockdown and encourage communities to get involved to share the same messages:
1. Our local beach was so clean during lockdown Let's #keepitclean by taking litter home!
2. How much did you miss visiting your favourite beach during lockdown? Show it some love #keepitclean and take your litter home
3. The beaches may be open again but community beach cleans can’t happen yet. Please help us #keepitclean and take your litter home.
4. Lockdown had a positive impact Dorset’s beaches, saving vital £’s on litter cleaning operations. Let’s aim for a #betternormal and #keepitclean
We will be running this campaign on:
· Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/litterfreecoast)
· Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/LitterFreeCoastandSea)
· Twitter (https://twitter.com/LitterFreeCoast)
We are asking you to support the campaign by:
· Finding out local sources of photos of beaches taken responsibly during lockdown. Emailing them to us for inclusion in the campaign and/or sharing these on your social media using one of the suggested posts above (remember to tag us please!)
· Adding the attached photo badge to any photos you share if possible
· Using the attached Facebook cover image on your social media page
· Share, like and comment on the posts we put up our social media accounts.
General hashtags will include: #LitterFreeCoast #LitterFreeDorset #CleanBeaches #CleanSeas #LeaveOnlyFootprints #BinTheBeast #LoveWhereYouLive #BeTheChange #betternormal
With your support, we hope this campaign can be successful and help to keep our local beaches clean.
Huge thanks to you all,
Stuart, Tilda and Sarah @ Litter Free Coast and Sea