Courtesy of Good Housekeeping
- 12 oz. linguine
- 6 oz. sliced bacon (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped parsley
- Cook linguine. Reserve cooking water, then drain pasta. Cook bacon in large skillet on medium until crisp. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- Whisk together egg yolks, freshly grated Parmesan, and salt and pepper in large bowl. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup reserved warm cooking water. Add hot pasta and toss to coat, adding more reserved water if pasta seems dry.
- Fold in chopped parsley and bacon. Serve with lots of cracked pepper and extra Parmesan if desired.
(per serving): 470 calories, 13.5 g fat (5 g saturated), 22 g protein, 555 mg sodium, 66 g carb, 3 g fiber.