It is a tremendous honour to be awarded the Long Service Membership award at Secret Harbour Surf Life Saving Club as it requires 10 years of active service patrolling on our beaches.
This means making all patrol obligations for each season for a decade, consecutive or otherwise. I am excited to announce that seven members reached this colossal milestone this year: Vanessa Aikins, Daniel Andrew, Sarah Lowe, Lee McGovern, Lorraine Rule, Mark Thomas and Mark Turley.
So what does the recognition of Patrol Long Service Mean?
· You will be recognised at the next major Club function as a long Service member of SHSLSC;
· Your name will be proudly displayed on the Clubs Long Service Honours Board;
· You will have earnt the privilege of not having to patrol to compete;
· You will be excused patrol duties but we would like you to continue to patrol and mentor our membership, as we acknowledge your vast experience;
· You will be afforded Gym Membership if you so choose to take up this option;
· You will be afforded a reduced membership;
· You will have the same privileges around the club as other active members;
· Your Long Service Membership can be recognised on transferring clubs if that was to occur in the future.
A massive congratulations to the seven members who have now joined the ranks of the greats at our amazing club. Members such as you exemplify what dedication and perseverance look like. Thank you Lorry, Daniel, Mark Turley, Mark Thomas, Lee, Vanessa and Sarah for the years of service you have devoted to our club and we look forward to the years to come.