|Let's go on a journey down the rabbit hole!
What's more, every writing tip is a web-link to take you further into the depths of memoir writing.
1. What is Memoir? Memoir is a three-legged stool, designed specifically to hold up your story. In other words, it has requirements – four, to be precise: your story and three others – and learning them will allow you to write this wondrous form.
2. How to Define Memoir? One great way to define memoir is to think of the crime procedural. Let me explain.
3. What is the Difference Between Memoir and Autobiography? Knowing the difference between memoir and autobiography is essential to writing successfully in either genre, and yet it is probably the single most misunderstood aspect of both.
4. What are the Basic Components of a Memoir? How to write a powerful memoir in three simple steps.
5. What to Read to Learn to Write Memoir. These are the best books on writing I’ve ever read.
6. All Memoir Must Include Transcendence. What goes into a memoir? Many wonderful things, though one of them is transcendence. Something has to shift. To change. To grow.
7. How to Start Writing Every Day. The greatest challenge to your writing is that you need a writing practice. You are not writing every day. Let’s change that.
8. How To Plan Out A Book. Here are the five simple steps to planning your memoir.
9. How to Write Someone Else’s Story. Writing someone else’s memoir, or writing someone else into your own, is a huge responsibility. Learn to do it well.
10. How To Structure a Memoir. Memoir structure is based on your argument, which is based on something you know after something you’ve experienced. Let me explain.
11. The Very Best Writing Punch List. What is your writing punch list? Haven’t got one? Try mine.
12. My Single Greatest Piece of Writing Advice is This: Write With Intent. Give up all of those time-wasting writing prompts and useless writing exercises and learn to write with intent. Your writing career will flourish.
13. How To Write Memoir About Family Abuse. Writing memoir in the #MeToo movement has taught us many things. Let’s review them.
14. How To Write Good Characterization in Memoir. How to describe people in memoir? What are the tricks to getting character right on the page?
15. How to Beat Writer’s Block With Structure. Book structure is the key to never getting stuck in your memoir writing.
16. Who is the Narrator of Your Memoir? Knowing who narrates a memoir is a huge decision. Let me help you make it.
17. How to Write About Your Relatives in Memoir. How to write about family? Here are some top tips for your memoir writing.
18. How to Write About Your Kids. Writing memoir about kids is tricky. How much do you tell? I am a former parenting columnist for The New York Daily News. Let me guide you through this territory.
19. How to Write Less and Say More. To write good memoir, write sparingly. Here is some guidance.
20. When is a Memoir Finished? A memoir is finished when you have proved your argument.
[ Full Article here ]