Who Am I? What value do I bring?
These questions have been haunting me for some time.
There are some days where I have clarity. Some days when I'm filled with doubt.
Gaining clarity on your purpose and mission are endless pursuits. The many books on the topic are evidence to the struggle many face.
To get help, I've been re-reading Story Brand by Donald Miller.
It shares a simple framework to communicate the value you bring.
A character, with a problem, meets a guide, who gives them a plan.
Luke Skywalker, has an evil empire after him, meets Yoda, who tells him to trust the force.
You are the hero. I'm the guide.
With that in mind, I've bene crafting my own story brand scripts.
- A manager, with awkward 1-1's, meets Toby, who transform their 1-1's in the highlight of the week.
- A manager, uncertain on how to coach their team, meets Toby, who helps them use practical coaching techniques.
- A leader, who's battling the status quo, meets Toby, who helps spark real change.
In your role, what would you story brand script be?
- Who are you helping?
- What problems do you help solve?
- What solutions do you bring?
The final version I've added to my home page is:
Helping Tech Leaders Gain Clarity and Confidence In How To Coach
Let me know if you have a different perspective on my story band.
How do I help you?