- Herbicides are an important tool in the farmer's arsenal and the most widely used is glyphosate
- It is derived from ammonia and ammonia is derived from natural gas which we all know has also gone vertical
- If farmers skim on herbicides this season, it only makes dealing with weeds more challenging in the future
- It only takes one year of negligence to do several years of damage to a field.
- The problem that the automobile production industry is dealing with - chip shortage, is also being felt by the farming equipment industry
- Labour shortage
Compounding all these challenges and it's a catastrophe waiting to happen. Farmers will either raise prices dramatically or go broke.
Inflation in the f&b sector now is already hot but it's still nothing compared to what is coming.
Brace yourself. Prepare accordingly.