Big thanks to the following people who have been especially helpful lately:
- Daniel Nogueira - For hosting a zero waste presentation benefiting POW and for lots of contributions over the past few months.
- Angie Nelson for continuously making our membership cards
- Molly Hope and Sophie Moy for working super hard to get our POW pale ale ready.
- Clair Sullivan for helping us save lots of time with our email database
- Hannah Marshall from Cold Snap Club for helping with some graphic images
- Jana McCall for helping out with our admin and grants
- Jaylene Harper for her help with grants, connecting mountain staff and some artwork
- Melanie Joan Llyod for her insights into the IPCC report
- Rachel Cooper for helping us with some important submissions
Volunteer opportunities and events coming up:
- Help out as the POW Treasurer (ongoing, about 1 hour/week)
- Help host a Hot Planet Cool Athletes presentation (Now - Dec)
- POW Movie night in Wanaka (whenever we can host it again)
- Tree planting event in Canterbury (Early Oct)
- Share our campaigns on social media (always)
- Help out with the POW movie we're in the beginning stages of making
Other ways to help out.
We're on the look out for more POW alliance members. We're keen to chat to anyone who has a large influence in any outdoor sport (skiing, snowboarding, trail running, mountaineering, mountain biking, climbing, adventure racing etc etc), is passionate about protecting the places they love from the impacts of climate change and keen to use their platform to share POW's advocacy work. If you know of anyone who would be a good match please get in touch.
If anyone has any photos they can share with us we are always in need of more content. We're especially keen to get some photos of groups of climbers, hikers and mountain bikers. Send them our way if you've got any!
The team at POW