Dear St. Andrew’s Community:
This is my last midweek message as Interim Pastor. I’m working with Kirk to put together the weekend service, and I’ll include a few final comments then. But I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for giving me the opportunity to “labor in the vineyard” with all of you over the last two years.
- Thank you for the memorable and heartfelt coffee hour this past Sunday. The video Scott put together of clips from sermons took a great deal of work, and I will cherish it. The very generous gift in my honor to the "Human Family Project" was quite a surprise, and I'm grateful for what it signifies. All of your kind comments were a gift.
· Thank you to the session for hiring me, and being such an excellent group of lay leaders who model strong collaboration.
· Thank you to Suzanne, Judith, and Janet for being treasured clergy colleagues who welcomed me and shared in the duties.
· Thank you to Chris and Erin for being such gifted and gracious musicians. You awed and inspired me every week.
· Thank you to the Mission Study team who worked hard and well to create an excellent document, and to the PNC who were dedicated to find an excellent candidate.
· Thank you for the Tuesday Men’s Study, with whom I enjoyed faithful, intelligent and sometimes heretical speculation, all done in the spirit of faith and love.
· Thank you to Nancy, our church secretary, who was always ready to do whatever was needed to get work done, and to do so with such a loving spirit.
· Thank you again to Bob Wightman, the “contractor” for Disciple Dog’s house.
· And thank you to Scott. His work in managing the church’s finances and business needs creates a solid foundation for all the work. He and I shared similar experiences from hospice work, and a common delight in art, music and creative challenges. Collaborating with Scott on the video production these last eight months was a particular gift to me, as he took raw video material from me and others and transformed it all into a seamless work of art. I will miss that collaboration.
· And finally, thank you to everyone of you who shared stories from your life, insights, friendship and a common purpose. “What a fellowship, what a joy divine…”
I look forward to hearing all the exciting things that will be occurring under Jen’s leadership and your shared ministry.