I'm terrible at quite a few things. Keeping in touch with family and friends being one.
Another being dancing on Instagram reels. (That's why you don't see me making dancing reels. I've tested it in a sandbox environment. Didn't meet minimum quality requirements :'))
Why am I talking about this?
It's because you and me both. We are good at some things and suck at others.
The problem starts when instead of leaning into our natural strengths we try to force ourselves to do things we aren't equipped for.
It isn't just limited to Instagram reels. Let's talk fitness goals and weight loss.
What works for me:
-The people around me eat fairly healthy. So my environment is conducive for staying in shape.
- I enjoy lifting weights. So my interests align with fitness as well.
- I don't consider myself much of a foodie. So I don't struggle with having to eat at restaurants all the time.
What doesn't work for me:
- I can't stick to eating the same meals everyday. That's why I'm diligent with my food tracking.
- I don't like long workouts. So I spread out my exercises over more days so that the workouts stay short.
- I don't like cooking all the time. So I have a blender to occasionally blend foods like oats, milk, peanut butter and protein powder into a smoothie and drink it.
When you find that a recommended way of doing things isn't enjoyable. Or something you aren't inherently good at.
Instead of forcing yourself to continue with it. Find a workaround.
There's ALWAYS a way to make it work. To make it align to your strengths and interests.
Back to Instagram reels.
I can't do the 'pointing-finger-at-text-and-dancing'. So I make ones where I'm just talking (which I'd like to think I'm good at.).
- If you hate lifting weights. Start with something else. Walking is a good place to start. Maybe you enjoy playing a sport.
- Hate tracking foods but you like eating the same things for days? Meal prep ahead of time.
- Love cooking and trying out new foods? Find low-calorie high-protein recipes for your meals.
- Know what to do but lack accountability for your actions? Sign up for 1-on-1 coaching.
At Workday Physique, my goal is to provide you highly personalised weight-loss solutions.
The coaching for no two clients look the same.
The reason being what I just spoke of. Something that comes effortlessly to one person may not come so to another.
We find what works best for you so that you can achieve weight loss results that are permanent.
Want to share your thoughts? Send a reply.