Hello and welcome to the spring newsletter from 3 Valley Vegans. It’s that time of year when we see lambs in the fields – families like the one pictured. While they are lovely to see we know that their futures, sadly, are bleak. One of the odder arguments to be seen against veganism is “If people didn’t eat meat you wouldn’t get to see cute lambs in the fields”. It’s hard to know where to start with an answer to that!
Coming up in this newsletter:
- News from Sacred Space about male chicks they have rescued from a school hatching project.
- A campaign to increase plant-based food in school meals. 3 Valley Vegans members have been taking action in Calderdale and Bradford.
- Liz brings us a fascinating article about the microbiome.
- The impact of feeding our carnivorous companion animals and some good news about the prospects of avoiding slaughterhouse products before long.
- Seaspiracy – the Netflix blockbuster that has had many people vowing never to eat fish again.
- A link to a petition calling for the catering at the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow to be plant-based.
- An interview with the editors of a new book: “Rethinking Food and Agriculture”.
- A diary date for you – the Great Big Green Week, 18-26 September – can you help with 3 Valley Vegans’ contribution?
- News of a hospital in Lebanon that serves only plant-based food.
As restrictions ease, we hope to be able to resume some of our normal activities later in the year. We’ll keep you informed via future newsletters, our website and our Facebook page.
Myra and 3 Valley Vegans