5. Fossil Festival 1st-3rd May - Volunteer Opportunities
It’s that time of year that the Fossil Festival is reaching out to you lovely people in the hope that you’ll be able to help out and volunteer at this year’s Lyme Regis Fossil Festival.
They've got some big plans for this year so will need help in ensuring that everything runs smoothly.
The festival will need people in the following roles over the weekend. If you are able to give up your time and help out, then that would be amazing! Please let them know if you’d like a specific role. Some roles will need multiple people.
- Donation collectors at various venues in Lyme (Sat/Sun)
- Help put up posters/advert boards around town (Pre-event)
- Deliver flyers to local businesses/campsites etc) (Pre-event)
- Painting stencilled directions on the pavement along the front and near venues (Fri evening/Early Saturday – weather depending)
- Handing out programmes and giving directions along front/at venues/at car parks (Sat/Sun)
- Social Media contributors over the weekend. (Week before and during the weekend - Must be confident in using Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
- Photographers/Videographers documenting the event (Sat/Sun)
- First aider (Sat/Sun)
- Talk venue coordinators – making sure speakers are in place at their set time (Sat/Sun)
- Traffic managers for stall setup (Fri PM and Sat/Sun 7am and 4pm for one hour)
- Quick response team (to manage any issues over the weekend) (Sat/Sun)
You can volunteer for as long as you wish, it’s entirely up to you, but any time that you can afford would be enormously appreciated. The Festival was desperately short of volunteers last year so if you can help they would so appreciate it. In return, they promise to feed and water you to your heart’s content.
If you could get back to Jon and let him know your availability, that would be fab. Specifics of the roles can be explained as the festival draws nearer.
If you’re unable to help out, then no problem. Could I ask you to think of someone people who may be able to help and forward the mail onto them! Thanks!
Jon Doody - firstname.lastname@example.org