THREE THINGS I DID IN JUNE:
Don't want to get too wordy, will be Laconic (using few words, think between Batman and Clint Eastwood).
Here are three things I've made progress on, with not many deliverables to show:
- Reset the way I read
- I was passively reading Principles by Ray Dalio last month. Read this blog by Farnam Street how I should actually be reading. Reset every book I've been reading currently.
- Figuring out how nutrition + budgeting works
- Been learning about nutrition (calories, macros, micros, cut vs bulk, all that jazz) and tracking my calories. Here's a big guide on nutrition I've read (message me if you'd like key takeaways :) ). Next step is to experiment with different diet plans and find what works best for me!
- ALSO created a spreadsheet to budget my money. Down to every cent. Currently self-learning through experimentation, r/personalfinance and other subreddits. If you know any budgeting knowledge bombs, feel free to drop them by!
- Made it an ambition to become more technical
- I'm not quite as technical as I'd like to be. This past month, I started to learn Python again through Waterloo's CSCircles online course - which shoots a lot of problems and lets you go through the problem-solving procedure all on your own. I've realized that while I do know syntax, I don't really have the right programmer mindset (or at least the one I have the ambition to develop). So that's one of my objectives/ambitions of the next few months.
What's cooking up for July 👨🍳
There's a lot I'll be doing the following month, mostly at Elevate! I'm also planning on using some of the earnings to try at starting another Shopify store, again.
The first store I tried opening a few months ago didn't go too well - but I've got more drive + knowledge + a year-long domain subscription that still hasn't run out from the last store this time, so wish me luck!