- The Rise of Japandi Stye
- Japandi: the Hottest New Interior Design Trend that will Soothe your Senses
A really popular interior design trend right now is Japandi, a fusion of Japanese minimalism and Scandinavian functionality.
- Go for a warm neutral kinda colour palette.
- This is a mixture of Japanese dark muted tones and Scandi’s light neutral palette.
- Declutter and keep it serene and zen.
- Minimise the use of noisier patterns for walls or tiling.
- Bring in natural light.
- Pick furniture made from natural/sustainable materials & textures (i.e. wood, rattan, linen etc).
- Japandi tends to favour Scandi’s use of lighter coloured woods.
- Mix and match clean-lined furniture pieces together with low & rounded ones.
- Decorative items should be intentional and functional (less-is-more), noting to extravagant.
Elevate the Style:
- Incorporate Danish hygge (cosiness) with wabi-sabi (embracing imperfections).
- Get a few house plants to liven up the space.
I understand that the style may not be for everyone but I think it does the job of creating a timeless and functional space to decompress after a long day.