It seems that some reading groups and book clubs are facing tough sledding. It’s hard enough to keep a group together in good times. With much of the world locked down, it’s even more challenging now.
I’d like to help you reinvigorate your band of business bibliophiles. Allow me to host your next meeting. I have a Zoom business account, so you won’t have any worries about time limits and no realistic restriction on the number of participants.
We can discuss any of these three books:
You will receive a list of potential discussion questions for your group’s consideration. As an added bonus, everyone gets a subscription to this Communications Community newsletter.
There is no cost to you. All I ask is:
- An engaged and enthusiastic group of business people.
- Everyone reads the book.
- All come prepared for a stimulating conversation.
Interested in revitalizing your book club? Just send me an email addressing the following areas:
- What is the name of your group?
- Where are you located?
- How many members normally attend?
- What is the typical profile of your group’s members?
- How did your group decide to read my book?
- Does your group focus on one particular business function (e.g., communications, government relations, investor relations) or industry (e.g., financial services, health care, pharmaceutical)?
- What dates and times are most convenient for your group?
This will be a conversation, not a tedious Zoom lecture. If you like, I can begin with five or so minutes to lay some groundwork. The rest is up to you — your questions and our sharing of best practices and opinions.
The conversation lasts roughly 30 to 45 minutes (I don’t run a strict clock on these chats; the more engaging your insights and questions, the longer the discussion is likely to last).
Contact me today to get that conversation with your reading group on everyone’s calendar. I look forward to sharing ideas.