Dear participants in the Live 2021 Kitchener-Waterloo Kiwanis Music Festival,
The festival website is the official means of communicating announcements. All official news is first posted on the website, and then distributed by other means. This email is a notification.
In response to the Ontario lockdown (LINK), the festival committee has decided to cancel the Live Festival.
Please take some to consult with your music teacher or myself, and then let me know at your earliest convenience how you would like your registration to be processed. Here are your three options.
Live-Turned-Virtual Festival Facts
- The live-turned-virtual festival will follow the same format as the virtual festival
- The deadline to submit your YouTube video for live-turned-virtual festival will be Wednesday, April 21 by 7:00 PM
- Participants in the live-turned-virtual festival will not compete in the same classes as those in the virtual festival
- Live-turned-virtual adjudicators will now be consistent with the virtual festival adjudicators
- Adjudicators will take the difference in submission deadline into consideration when considering nominations and awards
- The zoom adjudicator-workshops will be shared between virtual and live-turned-virtual classes
You may have questions as this major change is implemented. Please do not hesitate to email me at any time. I will do my best to address your questions as quickly as possible.