This Weeks News Items
1. Israeli Leaders Call for Respect on Memorial Day Although the proposed Judicial Law Reform legislation is on hold at least until the beginning of June, and the parties are still meeting at the President's residence trying to work out a compromise agreement, protest demonstrations are still taking place in the larger cities and towns around the country. Last Saturday evening again saw several hundred thousand protesters out on the streets, expressing their extreme opposition to the reform bill and the Netanyahu coalition right wing government. Ahead of the country preparing to observe Memorial Day for fallen soldiers and all other victims of war and terror on Tuesday, Prime Minister Netanyahu, previous PM Yair Lapid, opposition leader Benny Gantz all called for respect at the cemetaries around the country where memorial services were going to be held. Please continue to pray that the protest demonstrations remain peaceful and that an agreement will be achieved very soon, negating the need for the demonstrations.
2. Israel Celebrates Her 75th Birthday As Memorial Day ended at sunset on Tuesday, the solemn mood of the previous 24 hours, turned to joy as the majority of Israelis began to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the re-emergence of the nation of Israel after almost 2000 years of non-existence. Statistics show the population of Israel to be almost 10 million, 7.1 million being Jewish. The birthday celebrations began with a spectacular concert in Jerusalem, with musical presentations by various military groups and other Israeli organisations. The evening ended with a firework display in the skies of Jerusalem and other towns and cities around the nation. Wednesday was fine and warm as millions of Israelis spent the day celebrating with family and friends in homes, and at forests, parks and beaches across the nation. Independence Day passed in a spirit of national unity, without any anti-government protests or terror attacks - just a terrible car accident in the south that claimed the life of a one year old baby, two air force aircraft had to make emergency landings due to technical issues, and Muslim hackers managed to shut down a number of national computer systems. Pray that Israel will continue to grow, prosper and be a light and a blessing to the nations in her 76th year that lies ahead, and pray for the increase of the number of Israeli Jews accepting Yeshua as Lord and Messiah.
3. Iran is Preparing for a Multi Front War Against Israel As I wrote in the news items last week, Israel's Defence Minister Gallant has confirmed that Israel is expecting and planning for an Iranian backed war on multi fronts at the same time. Israeli news media is reporting the Iran is investing a huge amount of money into preparing for a direct confrontation with Israel. Israel's Defense Minister Yoav Gallant is in the process of ensuring that the army, navy and air force are fully prepared for an Iranian directed and funded missile war, with possible incoming missiles from Iran, Gaza, Lebanon, Syria. and other Iranian backed militia groups around the Middle East. Please pray for another GOD ordained 'Six Day War' miracle victory for Israel should this conflict with Iran become a reality.
4. Washington Post Acknowledges that the Two Jewish Temples Stood on the Temple Mount An article published in the The Washington Post stated that the Temple Mount is the site where the First and Second Temples once stood. This is confirmed by several history professors who have stated that there is no debate in the scholarly community about the reality of both Temples being located on the Temple Mount. Lawrence Schiffman, professor of Hebrew and Judaic studies at the University of New York claims that the location of the Herodian Temple, and the Hasmonean Temple before it, can be proven archaeologically, and is a hard fact. Schiffman, added that several Islamic sources in the past, before the Six Day War in 1967, recognized that fact that the Temples were there before the Mosque was built on the site. The Temple Mount has now been reopened to non-Muslims following the end of Ramadan. Pray that the LORD will soon restore full control of the Temple Mount to Israel.
5. Israel's Ambassador to the U.N. Walks Out in Protest Ambassador Gilad Erdan walked out of the UN Security Council meeting being held on Memorial Day in protest of the fact that the UNSC continues to act against Israel in favour of the so called 'Palestinians'. In an act of blatant bias and anti-Semitism the UNSC planned the pro-Palestinian discussion to take place on the day that Israel remembers and mourns for the 28455 Israelis who died in wars and terror attacks, carried out by our Muslim neighbours since 1948. The majority of the 4255 killed in terror attacks died at the hands of terrorist who crossed into Israel from the area controlled by the Palestinian Authority. The Ambassador lit a candle, read out the names of the Israeli Jews killed in terror attacks in the last year, then declared "Shame.This discussion desecrates the memory of the fallen. We will not take part in it." He then walked out of the meeting in protest. Pray that the LORD will deal with the UN as He sees fit, according to Genesis 12:3
6. This Week's IDF and Terror Events
* Israeli artillery attacked Hezbollah targets in south-west Syria on Monday morning and later dropped leaflets warning the Syrian soldiers not to assist Iran against Israel.
* IDF units arrested 16 wanted terrorists overnight Sunday / early Monday morning in and around Nablus - no injuries were reported.
* A car ramming terror attack near the market in Jerusalem on Monday, just before the start of Memorial Day. 6 injured - 1 seriously. The terrorist was shot dead by an armed civilian.
* A 20 year old Israeli man was moderately wounded in a shooting attack near Shilo on Tuesday, as Israel marked Memorial Day for fallen soldiers and victims of terror attacks.
Continue to pray for Angelic protection over all the IDF soldier, police and security personnel as the carry out their mission to protect the country from being attacked.
7. Tel Aviv University Study Succeeds in Curing Ovarian Cancer A study at Tel Aviv University, a combination of CKAP5 protein and RNA-based nano drugs have been successful in treating ovarian cancer, causing the cancer cells to collapse, and producing an 80 percent survival rate in the test animals. "The CKAP5 protein has never been studied in the context of cancer control, simply because there was no known way to silence it," explained Dr. Chatterjee. "The lipid nanoparticles developed by Professor Peer allowed us for the first time to silence this protein through targeted delivery of an RNA-based drug. We proved that CKAP5, a protein responsible for cell stability, can be silenced and that this procedure destroys the entire cancer cell," he continued. Pray that this newly discovered process will soon lead to the avialability of a cure for all types of cancer.