TikTok’s organic reach has been a boon for small business owners. The app has fueled the ability of users to discover niche products, with #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt boasting more than 19.5 billion views. Even though many brands can’t necessarily pinpoint exactly why a video goes viral, there are some strategies that can help.
Here are the we the top five strategies they use to land on your "For You Page"...
- Music. With TikTok fueled by music and audio trends, choosing the right sounds can be a boost to small business videos. Even if the video is not of your staff doing the latest TikTok dance, setting a TikTok to popular audio can surface it faster.
- Behind the scenes. TikTok users seem to love going behind the scenes of small businesses, with posts revealing how a best-seller gets made to what goes into creating the design. Even videos of orders being packaged tend to perform well on the platform and ultimately even end up influencing business operations.
- Series. Making video series is another way to find video styles that customers like to see. To test if viewers like their video content, brands sometimes ask them to, “Like for a part two,” or to let them know in the comments if they would like a follow-up video. This can be a way to have video content driven by viewers.
- How did I get here. Most small businesses have a video explaining how they started their company. These are often some of the best-performing TikToks because customers and brands love to see the story behind a small business.
- Fails. Small businesses can find success on TikTok with videos that highlight both the highpoints and the lows. There are plenty of viral videos that come from revealing the more frustrating moments.