As we count down to 2023, here are some highlights from 2022 that Kennett Collaborative has counted over the past year:
- Countless flowers and countless smiles for our inaugural Kennett Blooms Floral Flash event.
- Thousands of lights, garlands, ornaments, and stars making spirits bright for Christmas in Kennett.
- 51 KSQ Farmers Markets brimming with seasonal local goodness.
- Six Third Thursdays with outdoor dining, free entertainment and children’s activities, food trucks and vendors, and special community partner guests—enjoyed by many hundreds of people throughout a season with unprecedented good weather.
- Two sold-out craft beer fundraising events (the 10th anniversary Kennett Winterfest and the 25thanniversary Kennett Brewfest) that raised thousands of dollars for Kennett Collaborative.
- Five How We Build Matters Speaker Series events, attended by hundreds of community members, expanded and deepened the conversations around thoughtful development in Kennett Square and its environs.
- One new signature Kennett Collaborative event—Kennett Summerfest—supported over a dozen local wineries and distilleries.
- 52 weekly Around the Square newsletters sent to thousands of community members.
- Ten new retail-facing businesses welcomed to Kennett Square.
- Eleven enthusiastic Board members dedicated to leading the nonprofit Kennett Collaborative.
- Dozens of generous sponsors donated thousands of dollars this past year to support our work.
- Hundreds of generous community members donated their time as volunteers and made financial gifts to support Kennett Collaborative’s programs and events.
- One new record broken—Kennett Winterfest 2023 DefConn tickets sold out in under two minutes.
- A million lights dazzled thousands of spectators at the 10th annual Kennett Square Holiday Light Parade, culminating in the town tree lighting and visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus.
- Over 100 vendors and thousands of attendees made the two weekends of the magical Kennett Square Holiday Village Market the most successful yet.
We also launched our new Kennett Collaborative website, supported successful partner events like the Kennett Square Memorial Day Parade, Tinsel on the Town, Clover Market, and more.
Most of all, we count it a privilege to bring you these stories, events, and programs.
As we welcome our new Executive Director, Daniel Embree, this week, we’re grateful and exhilarated and looking forward to all that 2023 will bring for Kennett Collaborative and for our community!
We look forward to seeing you at Midnight in the Square tonight—the fun starts at 7:30pm!
—The staff and board of Kennett Collaborative
Kennett Collaborative makes Kennett thrive. We intentionally create
programs and events that help Kennett become a more beautiful and
welcoming community where all can belong and prosper.